Wednesday, April 9, 2008

And many more

It's birthday month in the Alexandrama! Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I entered this brave new world on April 12, 1976 at 7:30 in the morning. Thirty-one years later to the day, Olivia Brooke Alexander popped into the party at 2:21 am. I love that we share a birthday! I actually asked for it from the Lord about a week before she was born, and He said yes. :)

We are celebrating on Saturday with a tea party. There will be black tea, green tea, red tea. No white tea. I don't do white tea. There will be manly mugs for those gentlemen who are threatened by proper tea cups. And lots of yummy food - what is a tea without cucumber sandwiches?? As for the cake, if you knew how many times I've emailed back and forth with the baker, including sketches and revised sketches, you would think it's Olivia's wedding cake I'm ordering. So it should be good. As for theme, I am creating a butterfly sanctuary in lots of pinks, greens and purples. Ladies are invited to wear hats and if you have them, gloves. Olivia's ensemble is a secret, of course. Pics of all will be coming soon.

For those who don't know, April's birthstone is diamond, exquisite diamond. I have no expectation of receiving one this year (I did last year!), but I just like to celebrate the fact that it's our birthstone. Diamonds are so sparkly and pretty, so magnetic to the eye. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Yeayyyyyyyyy for birthdays as the perfect excuse for some guilt-free narcissism! :)

Diamonds are forever (not really),
Sara & Baby Olivia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a smashing success!! I think we should make this a regular thing. Any takers? gaygay